Thursday, March 12, 2009

Catching Up...

Hello, hello!!! Eek - I've been quiet this week! I thought I would pop in and do some catching up and let you guys know what I've been up to this week - it's been quite a week really - my oldest son is gearing up for his big debut tonight - LOL!! He's got a speaking part in his school's Spring musical (he is in the first grade and is reciting a poem) - he's SO excited and really not nervous at all - I think Mommy and Daddy might be more nervous - hee hee...I did get a bit of stamping done - the card I did with the adorable MFT "Hooga Booga" bunch was for the What's Up Wednesday challenge over on the MFT forum - go check it out - Amy did an AWESOME paper pleating tutorial yesterday for HTDT?- so I had to try it out. I think it turned out cute - like a pretty little dust ruffle for your card! :) I did a bit of masking on these little monsters to create the scene as well. Here's some more cards I did using an MFT set - this is from the "You Take the Cake" set - I did these for a card swap I am in here locally - I wanted something fun - but that could be mass produced fairly easily - so I did these little cake cards...

The candles on these cards were die cut using a Sizzix die - but the rest of the "cake" was just pieced together using strips of cardstock. For the top layer of the "frosting" - I first did the decorative edge on it with the Martha Stewart Lace Doily punch and then embossed the top with the Swirls Cuttlebug folder to make it look more like textured frosting. The white base of the card is 4.25 in. X 4.25 in. - I hung the candles over the top a bit (like a tent card) - so the card is just as tall as an A2 size card and fits in an A2 envelope perfectly!!
So I've been chatting a bit about American Idol recently on here - and had a couple of people who have asked me about my pick for this year's Idol - so if you aren't an Idol fan - you can skip this part and go right to the end of this post - LOL! But if you are an Idol fan - I would love for you to post and let me know who your faves are too! Let's see - after this first week of the Top 13 (yeah - not sure about the whole 13 thing) - I am sticking with my gut instinct and that's Adam Lambert - he's just downright in a league of his own - which makes me think that maybe NOT winning Idol would be to his benefit - but that's a whole other debate that I will save for another day. ;) I thought Kris Allen was absolutely ADORABLE and loved his version of the MJ's "Remember the Time" - so I'll probably be keeping an eye on him too. And I know there are a lot of Danny-lovers out there too - I am guessing he's definitely around for the long haul - but something about him rubs me the wrong way. I TOTALLY sympathize with him in the passing of his wife - but geesh - he was more likable this week when they weren't harping on his back story, kwim? Biggest disappointment for the 1st week??? Well for me - it would have to be Megan - all those Michael Jackson songs and she picks "Rockin' Robin"?????? Yeah - STILL scratching my head about that one. I REALLY like her - she really is a relevant artist (think Duffy or KT Tunstall) - she just needs a bit of fine tuning - so I hope she does well and maybe that was just some first week jitters. I wish I would have posted yesterday because I could have made my predictions for who was going home last night and then you would have all been amazed because I was totally right - LMBO!! You'll just have to take my word for it - but I suppose I can't brag too much - it's always easier to predict those things in the early rounds. So anywho - that's my bit of Idol rambling - I bet no one will ever post asking for my opinions about anything again - ROTFL!!! But again - I would love to hear your favorites - so if you are an Idol fan - who is YOUR pick???
And speaking of Idol - have you been over to the MFT forum on SCS to see the FABULOUS finalists of the first ever MFT Idol contest??? Here's a link - check them out and give them a shout-out - I cannot wait to see what they'll create - it's gonna be a FUN contest!! Thanks so much for stopping by and listening to my incessantly babbling - and if you skipped some of it - well - I can't say I blame you - hee hee....have an awesome Thursday - check back tomorrow - there's gonna be tons of fun going on around here!!! ;)

1 comment:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Girl, I will comment on the cards first...SUPAH CUTE!! Now about AI...I LOVED Chris Allen's performance this week, what a doll. I was actually surprised when he made it in because I really didn't notice him. I have two favorites right now, well actually three, but two for sure...Matt and Alexis...love them both!! I loved him playing the piano...totally my type of artist. I love Adam, but he is a little over the top for me, I can barely watch him...but there is no doubt, he has a MASSIVE amount of talent. Alexis has such an awesome tone to her voice I just love. This may be my favorite season of idol yet!!