Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shop 'Till You Drop!

**IF YOU ARE HERE FOR THE HANNA STAMPS GOOD LUCK BLOG HOP - PLEASE SCROLL DOWN ONE POST TO FIND MY BLOG HOP POST**

Happy Sunday!! Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! Did you enjoy the Hanna Stamps blog hop? I hope so - we had fun doing it and I hope we'll have more hopping opportunities for you in the future! :) I've been up since 6:30 this morning with a sick little one - Calvin (my 3 year old) seems to have a bit of a stomach bug and can't keep anything down :( - my poor little man - Daddy went to the store to get him some popsicles to see if that will perk him up a bit! I decided to play in the Featured Stamper challenge this morning on SCS between his vomiting spells - ick - and this card managed to come together quicker than I thought it would. You can view the challenge here along with TwinsHappy's gallery - Stacy has such a beautiful gallery - it was very tough to pick just one to case! I ended up choosing this card to case. And actually - Stacy's is more of a card holder/purse album - so the biggest change I made was to turn her card holder into an actual card. I turned it into a purse card. I kept the basic layout of her card and I LOVED the stacked coffee cups image on her project - I didn't have any stacked images like that so I made my own. I wanted a purse image - so I chose this adorable purse stamp from the Hanna Stamps "In Vogue" set - created a mask and then stamped my stack of purses. Wouldn't it be nice to have a purse like this - just spilling over with money??? LOL!! I chose a smaller sentiment for my card - this one is from the Hanna Stamps "Things Hanna Would Say" set. I also added a stacked flower to my card. To make the actual purse card - I started with a 4.25 in. sqaure base for my card - then made the little over hang with a seperated piece of cardstock and adhered the ribbon on between it and the base. I used the Fiskars Threading Water punch for the scalloped edge and a little Hero Arts gemstone flower for my "clasp". Thanks so much for stopping by - don't forget to scroll down for some BLOG CANDY!!!

4 comments:

Vicki G said...

So Cute Candice!!!!


Vicki

Kate Block said...

THis card is absolutely adorable!!

Cher said...

I LOVE THIS! ty for sharing..u are great! cher
hilly77@comcast.net

DonnaMundinger said...

Love this Candice! Darling purse. Don't we all wish ours were bulging with cash!?! xxD