Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Have an AAAAHSOME 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!  I have had this stamp set for over a year - sad, I know but I finally got my mojo working again to use it - YAY!!  I had fun making this card.  I love to watch my kiddos watching fireworks as much as I like actually watching the fireworks show and this is what this stamp set reminded me of.  It's the beauty of fireworks through a child's eyes.  Here is the Stampendous set I used...
 I changed things up a bit to get the scenic feel to the card.  I stamped the kids out and then colored them with Copics and cut them out of the box.  I brayered the night sky background onto a piece of white cardstock using Sailboat Blue and Denim Adironkdak inks (a technique that I was excited to learn from a Zindorf workshop a couple of years ago).  I then stamped the fireworks on with clear embossing ink and embossed them with red tinsel embossing powder to make them shine.  Here are the Copics I used for the kiddos...

Thanks for stopping by!!  I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful 4th of July!!

No comments: