Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Different Kind of Stamping For Me...

Happy Sunday!! It's Race Day here in Indianapolis - and what a perfect day for racing it is! I am trying to get some samples done for Papertrix this morning - I had quite the challenge for me with this Inkadinkado set...check it out...I thought it the stamps in this set were SO pretty - but these solid images were definitely a challenge for me as I am used to stamping images and then coloring them in - but I really like how the cards turned out...here's the stamp set I was working with...

Here is the first card I made with them - I used a masking techinque to do the two tone Owl image. I used a brown Memories Ink Pad and an Old Olive Stampin' Up Classic Ink Pad to stamp him. The circles/scalloped circles are Nestibilities as are the ovals that the sentiment is stamped on. The patterend paper at the top is from an old Die Cuts with a View Fall stack from JoAnn's and the bottom brown cardstock was embossed with the Paisley Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - I did lots of decorative stitching around the edges and middle seam too. The green felt flower is by American Crafts and the brown flower is a Prima - I used a ribbon brad from Hobby Lobby for the center of the flower. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts Sparkle-n-Clear mini-stamp set - here it is...




And here is the second card - I did the masking technique for the main bird image on this one as well - I used Stampin' Up classic ink pads in Old Olive and Cranberry Crisp. The circles are Nestibilities and I did some machine stitching around the circle. The bird border is also done with one of the stamps from the set and the sentiment is from a Studio G clear $1 stamp set. Here is the second card...

So how did I do? I was a smidgen hesitant about posting these as they really are out of my comfort zone - but they were definitely fun to do - I will definitely not be shying away from those solid stamps in the future!

2 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I love this card! Your stitching is to perfection and the stamped images around the circle with bird is beautiful. Wonderful, WONDERFUL card!

Jennifer :)

The Bird Nest said...

I found your blog through the Cricut MB. I just love the 2nd card. Beautiful work! I too think the stamp around the circle is a perfect fit.
And...I'm a dedicated Indy 500 fan. Great race.