Sunday, May 3, 2009

All Star Swimmer **Hanna Sneak Peeks - Day 3**

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!! I thought I'd pop in this Sunday evening to share another Hanna Sneak peek I made this afternoon - I used the new "Pool Party" set again - but this time - I used it in a different way. My hubby swims on an adult swim team here and he had practice this morning - well - I think that was in the back of my mind when I was looking at this new set because this is what I came up with - doesn't it remind you of Michael Phelps in his preschool years?? LMBO!! I wanted to create a swimming race with this little swimmer image from the set - so I found the perfect little border stamp from a clear Studio G $1 stamp set I had in my stash to use as the lane dividers in the lap pool. I stamped my middle swimmer first - then stamped the lane markers above and below him - then stamped my other swimmers who are trying to catch up with the one in the lead. The entire image was colored in with Copics. The sentiment was done with Doodlebug Simply Sweet mini rub-on letters and accented with a star brad. The stars were cut using my Cricut and the paper is from the My Mind's Eye Just Dreamy stack from Hobby Lobby.

The new sets and Rileys will be available on Monday night - May 4th - after the release party over on SCS. The Hanna Stamps May release party is from 9-11 PM and it's always a blast!! There are lots of fun challenges, chatting, prizes, etc. in store - so be sure to swing by!! And be sure to pop in my fellow DT blogs for more awesome sneak peeks - as well as our 2 May guest designers - Nikki Fairbairn and Pam Varnell! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Love this clever bright design Candice, gorgeous colouring, Big Hugs, Nikki x