Thursday, June 4, 2009

Guys Like You Are Rare

Happy Thursday!! Well - first of all - let me say a big CONGRATS to the 2 newest members of the MFT Sweet Sixteen - Barbara and Kathy!! YAY!! They were the 2 chosen from the Top 4 MFT Finalists to be on the team and I definitely don't envy Kim the decision - all 4 were MFT design-team worthy!! So really - congrats to all the MFT Idol finalists - they worked so hard week after week and really came up with some spectacular projects! There is still lots of fun stuff going on over in the MFT forum - check out this thread over on SCS for the new challenges and some fun chatter. The card I have to share with you today is for today's sketch challenge - Frances came up with another awesome sketch to work with!! I used the new MFT "Who's That Grillin' Guy?" set for my card - I just LOVE this image - I think it's because it makes me think of my hubby. :) This was my first chance to color him on paper (an MFT Perfect Paper Panel to be exact) and boy is he fun to embellish!! I saw Susan's "Texas" t-shirt on her grillin' guy card and I knew I had to make a guy wearing a Cubs shirt for my hubby - yes - we are Cubs fans here. The funny thing is my son is on the White Sox for his little league - trust me - the irony is not lost on us - LOL!! I added some charcoal and some flames to the grill as well - if you haven't seen Amy's charcoal trick in this week's HTDT? post - then you must go see it - especially if you've ordered this set!!;) I stamped and cut steaks out (image is included in the set) for my guy to be grillin' - I paper pieced his apron and then colored the rest in with Copics. The sentiment is from the new set as well. The patterned paper is from last year's DCWV Summer Stack (which reminds me - I have to go buy this year's - hee hee...). I added some Making Memories metal star brads to accent my card. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

No comments: