Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Little Java...

...to get you hoppin'!! Hi everyone! Sorry for the week-long absence - I did not end up having my wisdom teeth out on Tuesday - I had a bit of a medical emergency happen on Sunday and while I'm not quite ready to talk about it yet - I will tell you that I'm OK and was even able to finish up this adorable little Flopsey jar this morning. I missed the MFT new release blog hop this week :( - this was one of the projects I had planned on sharing during the hop - so since I finally finished it I thought that I'd share it with you today. I started with one of the MFT Perfect Packaging squared jars and the newly released "I Need Coffee Flopsey" set. I stamped the new Flopsey on an MFT Perfect Paper panel - colored him with Copics and then cut him out. The sentiment is from this new set as well. I tied some ribbon around the jar lid and then decorated the top as well. I used a piece of the 6X6 MFT Chocolate Kiss paper as well as a button from the Spring Collection button mix to accent the top. The kicker though are the bunny ears I added to the lid - LOL!! I just die cut a couple of skinny ovals and then folded them right at the tips to adhere them to the top of the lid. The jar is filled with - well - java of course - but not just any coffee - it's filled with Dunkin' Donuts coffee - YUM!!! What java fanatic wouldn't love this adorable jar!?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that after my long absences - I still have some blog readers left - LOL!! I really hated not posting this past week as we are getting ready to head out on Saturday for some week-long R & R in Myrtle Beach, SC - ahh...I'm SO looking forward to vacation!! If you're looking for some MFT goodness though - be sure to check out the other MFT design team members' blogs as well as the MFT forum on SCS - there's ALWAYS some fun going on there!! Talk to you all soon!!

9 comments:

judy anderson said...

How fun and adorable.

texasjodylynn said...

OMG, that is SO adorable!

Amy Sheffer said...

So adorable, Candice!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Hope you're okay Chicka!!!! This is the cutest!

Gina said...

This is so cute--what a great way to package yummy DD coffee! Best wishes!

scrappinfox said...

Adorable! Glad you're OK now - boy, what some people will do to put off a trip to the dentist! Enjoy your vacation!

Judy in Indiana said...

I am still here and not going anywhere. Well, okay, we are going to Holiday World in this crazy heat. Thankfully they have a great water park!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh girl, this is just TOO CUTE!! I hope you are doing better, I was worried about you!!

Anonymous said...

I took some used supplies to sell at papertrix yesterday. Your classes are filling up. If you want to add more, just call and tell them, you could do a double in a day again.

Are you okay? No update for a week makes me wonder.

Judy