Thursday, June 4, 2009

Something's Screwy...


So I took on quite a task with this card - LOL - I missed a very special little boy's birthday (well - I remembered it - I just didn't get a card there on time :( ) and I wanted to have something extra special to send down to him. I was in Archiver's the other day and I splurged and bought the Sizzix Bigz 3-D Three Tier Cake pop-up die - and OMG - how cool is this die!? It actually wasn't as hard to assembles as it first looked and this card was actually my first try with it. The base of my pop-up cake was done with some shimmery silver paper - I thought that would be a good base for a robot cake. In keeping with the robot theme - I stamped, colored and cut out one of the robots from the Our Craft Lounge set "The Botz Family" (LOVE this set - I do lots of boys cards - so this set is perfect for me!) for the topper of my cake - he fit perfectly at the top!! I decorated the sides of my cake with "cog" die cuts - I cut these with my Cricut (from the Accent Essentials cart). The patterned paper is from the DCWV "All About Boys" stack. Here's a pic of the outside of the card...

I kept it simple - because when the inside of your card looks like that - who needs a fancy outside?? LOL!! I used the same paper as on the inside - and the robot cake image and sentiment are from the same OCL set ("The Botz Family"). Oh - and this is a 5 1/2 in. square card - I had to make my card a bit bigger to adjust for how tall my robot was on top of my cake. One more pic - here's a close-up pic of the robot "cake"...

So what do you think??? Do you think he'll like it?? I hope so - I've got a million more ideas that I want to try with this Sizzix 3-D cake die - so you'll probably be seeing a lot more pop-up cards in the near future - LOL!! Hope everyone has had a wonderful Thursday and thanks so much for stopping by (again!)!

1 comment:

Vicki G said...

I think it's scrumptious!