Thursday, November 13, 2008

Going Somewhere? and a Little Love...

Happy Thursday! I've got a couple of cards to share with you today - they are for a couple of the MFT challenges over on SCS - I was just having some fun with some "Who's That Girl?" images. This first one is a little different - it's for today's sketch challenge - you can view Frances' awesome sketch here. I think my creative mind is acting a little wonky today because when I saw the sketch this morning - I thought of a suitcase - LOL!! Weird - I know - but I decided to roll with it and this is what I came up with. I started with a 5 in. X 4 in. base and built the card from there - my suitcase's handle was done using rectagle nestibilities. I chose the "Going Places" set for this card - obviously - and just used the top half of her for the card. I colored her in with Copics. The dark red background was embossed with the Cuttlebug Houndstooth embossing folder to give her a stylish suitcase :) and the 3/4 in. brown strips were embossed with the CB Mesh embossing folder to give them a bumpy "leather-y" look. I used some screw brads from Hobby Lobby to give it a more authentic look. I dug out the silver bookplate from my stash - I love these - just never know what to do with them - and I thought it would be perfect for my suitcase - I believe this bookplate comes from a set I bought at JoAnn's. I finished off my little piece of luggage with a luggage tag - it appears as though our girl is heading off to beautiful Paris - LOL! I cut a tag with my circle nesties - punched a hole and added an eyelet before I tied it to my handle. The postmark stamp is an old stamp by Stampabilities that I have.

This next card I have to share with you today is another MFT card - it was made for yesterday's What's Up Wednesday challenge - yesterday Joanne posted a wonderful tutorial on the MFT SCS forum and she gave this tip about using your Quickie Glue Pen with Embossing Powder -it's genius really! I used this little trick to give my E-Girl a red sparkly laptop - after covering it with my Quickie glue pen - I covered it in red Ranger Embossing Tinsel - let it dry - then heat embossed it - her laptop is SO sparkly! I paper pieced her skirt with some paper from the My Mind's Eye Magnolia stack and used the same paper for my heart background. I embossed my red background with the CB "Hearts" folder and added some heart brads from Hobby Lobby. Thanks so much for stopping by - hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! Oh - and don't forget to check back in tomorrow for the Friday Hanna Stamps Challenge - it's a fun one - I'll give you a hint - if you love sketches - you'll definitely want to play tomorrow - LOL!!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Waaaaaaaay too cool, Candice!! The suitcase has got to be my favorite of all time and I see where you got it from by looking at that sketch. Awesome job...TFS!

Jody Morrow said...

Both cards are REALLY cute! I love the suitcase! CUTE!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Gorgeous cards. I love those stamps. The way you put your cards together is just amazing to me.

x Natasha x

scrappinfox said...

Adorable, Candice!!

Janna said...

These are both beautiful! The suitcase card is soooo clever! I saved it as a favorite over at SCS! You are super talented!

Tal said...

I love the laptop card! I would totally buy it cause it looks too hard to make one!