Friday, August 29, 2008

Hands Off My Booty!

Hee hee....well - isn't Miss Hanna feeling sassy today? LOL!! I wouldn't touch her booty if I were you - BWA HA HA!! :) This is my project that I made for today's Hanna Stamps challenge over on SCS - today's challenge is to make a 3-D item. Wouldn't this be an adorable little treat bag for a girl's pirate party or maybe a little gift bag to hold a gift card or a piece of jewelry for your little pirate princess? The actual purse was cut using my Cricut Expression - it's the purse2 cut from the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge - I cut it at 7 inches. After I scored my purse - I stamped all my purse with the skull & cross bones stamp from the Pirate Hanna set with Versamark ink and then heat embossed them with a white (with silver sparkles) embossing powder. The sentiment on my purse is computer-generated - I used a font called "Blackadder" on my computer. Both Hanna and the pirate chest are also from the Pirate Hanna set - here's a close-up of the pirate chest...
I had been wanting to fill that treasure chest from the Pirate Hanna set with jewels for a long time - see - I got to meet Captain Jack at Disney World last September and I did a layout for that album where I filled a die cut treasure chest with little sticker rhinestones and I knew I wanted to do the same with this Hanna treasure chest. It was really easy to do - I colored the treasure chest first with my Copics - then I cut it out and cut the top of (don't cut it all the way off - just go to the very edge so it is barely connected to the bottom) - tilt the top to "open" the chest and then just start piling on the rhinestone stickers and be sure to add some to the bottom of the chest so that it looks like your treasure is spilling over. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - I've got LOTS of exciting posts planned for next week - lots of yummy sneak peeks with the new Hanna Stamps sets being released next Friday!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Candice, I almost fell off my chair when I saw this card!!!! I LOVE it! What a great idea to place the chest with bling!!!!!

Christine Riley said...

SO cute Candice! I just got this set, can't wait to play with it. TFS! :)

Christine :)