Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hugs to You

Happy Wednesday!! Hope you are all having a wonderful week! Sorry I've been so quiet this week - we were in South Bend visiting family over the weekend and then I came back with 2 sick kids - ick! My oldest (Andrew) is doing better and never actually missed a day of school - he even went all dressed up and looking handsome for picture day today. My poor little guy - my youngest (Calvin) - has been sidelined with an ear infection though. :( So it's been a long couple of days - not to mention the longer nights. Anywho - Calvin's on antibiotics - so hopefully we will see some improvement tonight or tomorrow morning - he just feels miserable - poor little thing - I hate seeing my kids sick - you just feel so helpless. :( I did manage to do today's SCS sketch challenge - I figured it was a good way to get my mojo flowing this week. It's another fun sketch - you can view it here. I used Sleepy Time Riley again - I can't get enough of this image - it's definitely one of my favorite Rileys. I thought this would be a sweet get well card. I colored in Riley with Copics - drew in the flooring and then colored the green behind him with Copics too. The sentiment is from the "Everyday Sentiments" set by Hanna Stamps. I used the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder for the long pink strip and then added some green eyelets to it (I can't even remember the last time I used eyelets on a card - I should get a bonus for that, right? Hee hee...) I used the Martha Stewart Zig Zag border punch for the decorative edging on the other pink panels. Thanks so much stopping by!!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Your card is ADORABLE!!!!

Christine Riley said...

I love this card, it is so adorable! I have got to get this cute Riley image :) Hope you little ones feel better soon!
Hugs, Christine :)