Sunday, June 15, 2008

One of my Favorite Things to Make...

One of my favorite handmade gifts to give is a coordinating card set - I love picking a theme and making card sets and then altering a tin or other container to hold them in. I started giving them as gifts two Christmases ago for my oldest son's preschool teachers and then gave them to teachers again this past Christmas. I thought it would be fun to share some of these card tin sets that I made in my pre-blogging days with you now - and there is another reason I want to share this with you - but it's a super secret surprise for you later in the week! ;)

This first one is a set I made for my niece as a house-warming gift back in April - this set was so last minute - I literally put this one together in one afternoon. This was also before I was a member of the Hanna Stamps Design Team - and I was already SO in love with Hanna Stamps! I was in desperate need of a gift for my niece's housewarming party the next day - so I grabbed all my Hanna Stamps that I owned at the time and started stamping away - it was SO much fun - just an afternoon stamping with Hanna! And my niece loved the gift too - so much so - she was having a hard time actually using the cards!!

Here are some close-ups of this set...




This is one of my Disney tin sets that I made for my sons' teachers this past Christmas - I ended up making 3 of these - one for my oldest son's Kindergarten teacher and 2 more for my youngest son's preschool teachers. I used my Cricut Disney cartridges for this set - I am probably a total glutton for punishment - but these are my most favorite Cricut cartridges!!
And here are some close-ups of this set...

This last set that I want to share with you is a very special set that I made. This is a Snow White set I made for one of my very best friends!! We actually met on the Cricut messageboards and have just become incredibly close - well - she is a BIG fan of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves fan - so I used the Happily Ever After Disney Cricut cartridge for this set - I did a card with each of the seven dwarf cuts and then used Snow White for the outside of the tin...

And here are some close-ups of this set...


I hope you enjoyed these - I know I had a blast making them!! Be sure to stop back by on Tuesday and check out my blog candy giveaway!! Also - we are having a "Stamping in Your Jammies" PJ Party over at the Hanna Stamps forum at Splitcoast Stampers this Friday night - June 20th - from 7-11 PM EST - it's gonna be SO much fun - lots of great challenges and a special surprise from Kristi - so find your most comfy pair of jammies and stop by for some stamping fun!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

WOW look at these....

QweenDavia said...

I love everything you do!!!!

Tag you are it! check out my blog to find out what to do next!

Kerry said...

These sets are WAAAAAAY cute!! love the snow white and dwarfs especially.