Friday, June 6, 2008

Stamp Out Illiteracy - Read a Book!!

Happy Friday everyone!! Hope it's been a good one for you so far! My boys and I went to see "Kung-Fu Panda" today and what a great movie - we loved it!! I've got a couple of cards to share with you today - with a very special message attached to them...first - if you have not gotten over to http://www.hannastamps.com/ and ordered your new sets - you must do that - they are now available and ready for you to ink up!! I chose to feature the new Bookworm Hanna set for you today - I have to say this is one of my favorite sets. I am a total bookworm - always have been - I always had my nose in a book when I was a kid - I have just always loved to read. My parents were very encouraging as well - they never minded spending money on books - I think they probably figured there were worse things that an adolescent girl could have been into - LOL!! Anywho - this is why Bookworm Hanna holds a special place in my heart - I love the sentiment that comes with her too - "Stamp out illiteracy - Read a Book!" I would also encourage those with children to read to them - start young - it's a great habit to get into - my 6 year old gets a bedtime story every night and I am getting ready to start the same tradition with my 3 year old. My boys have that same love of books already - and it's a joy for me to watch them read!! So why not take 15 minutes out of your day and read to your child or just curl up in that nice comfy chair with a book!! Thanks so for indulging me for a moment - hope you enjoy the cards....

Here is my first Bookworm Hanna card for the day - I wanted to create a really beautiful card around her. I colored her in with Copic Markers and did some paper piecing on her chair. All the patterned paper used to make this card is from a My Mind's Eye stack from Hobby Lobby - this is one of my favorite stacks - the paper is SO pretty and so very versatile. I used a couple of big Prima Sprites for this card and the flourish is from a Quickutz die. The sentiment is from one of the Michael's Studio G clear $1 stamp sets.

Here is my second card of the day made with the Bookworm Hanna set - this was made for the weekly Hanna Stamps challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers - this week we were to use circles on our project - I love circles - I think they are just really appealing to the eye - so I for this card I broke out my circle Nestibilities. All stamps are from the Bookworm Hanna set - check out that little library card - that is the CUTEST stamp - Hanna even signed her library card - LOL!! My images were colored in with Copic Markers. The paper is from the Die Cuts With a View Summer Stack available at JoAnn's. Thanks so much for stopping by this week - I have so enjoyed my first release week as a Hanna Stamps Design Team member!!

No comments: