Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Give Thanks

Happy Wednesday!! It's another big day of firsts here in our household - my littlest starts his first day of preschool today (he's moved up to the big "3's" class this year), my oldest has his first day of soccer practice today, and I start Physical Therapy today - I think we are gonna be pretty exhausted tonight!! I have never had physical therapy before - so I have NO idea what to expect - I recently found out that I have a mild case of Scoliosis in my spine and it's been causing quite a bit of back pain - so today I am starting physical therapy today to see if that will help - wish me luck!! Anywho - I do have a couple of sneak peeks to share with you today - I made these 2 cards using the new Thanksgiving Hanna set which is being released this Friday, September 5th - I LOVE this set - not only is the Hanna in it just beautiful - but there are lots of great stamps in it - some even to make a humorous Thanksgiving card.
This first one is a more elegant Thanksgiving card - I love the rich colors of Fall - it's such a beautiful time of year! Hanna was colored in with Copics and the long rectangles were cut with Nesties. The sentiment is from the Everyday Sentiments set now available at Hanna Stamps. The flowers are Petaloo and the little leaves were punched with the Martha Stewart "Branch" punch. I pieced the background together using 1 in X 1 in squares of patterned paper from last year's Die Cuts with a View Fall stack - and then machine stitched at all the seams.
This second card is a funny Thanksgiving card - poor little Turkey - he's doing a pretty good job pleading his case, huh? LOL!!! The turkey, "Eat Beef" sign, Before, and After stamps are all from the new Thanksgiving set. I used the Copic air brush system to airbrush the sky and grass around him. There is a little bit of Cuttlebug embossing with the new "Branches" folder on the dark brown strip behind the turkey. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and the cardstock is by Colormates.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope to see you all at the release party this Thursday night from 9-11 PM EST over on the Hanna Stamps forum at SCS! Don't forget about the special One Year Anniversary promotion going on at www.hannastamps.com now thru Oct. 1st - for every $50 you spend - you get your name entered into a drawing for that Copic Air Compressor!!

5 comments:

Christine Riley said...

Love these cards! Hanna is so cute and that turkey card is hilarious! :)

Christine :)

Bev Gerard said...

Oh my gosh, Candice!
This pilgrim Hanna card is fabulous!! Love the depth of Fall colors! And the turkey card is excellent! Love the before & after elements!

david santos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gina Lindsay said...

Your cards are beautiful! I love the coloring on your Hanna card.

Hope all went well at the physical therapist. I have scoliosis too, so I understand!

Sandie said...

OMG.. that's too funny for words!!!