Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Night of Stamping


Well - it's almost midnight here in Indiana and I really should be in bed - LOL!! But instead I have been up stamping since I put the kiddos to bed - and having a great time I might add! First of all I promised baby news, didn't I?? I got to meet my new nephew this morning - Lucas Garrett was born at 3:30 PM on Tuesday, September 10th - he is 7 lbs. 11 oz. and has beautiful black hair like my brother!! He is SO precious!! Both mom and baby are doing wonderful!!

The first card I made tonight was for the Thursday MFT Sketch Challenge over on SCS - you can view Cindy's sketch here - I am so happy I got to play today - I always love Cindy's sketches and that long rectangle was just begging for me to ink up my "Monster Squad" set! I love these little guys - they were colored in with Copics. The sentiment is also from this set. The paper is from the Die Cuts with a View Halloween Glitter stack - I have been wanting to use this paper with this stamp ever since I saw it. I used the Martha Stewart Drippy Goo border punch to do the decorative edge. The ribbon thing in the corner is nothing fancy really - just 3 pieces of ribbon knotted together.

The second card I made was another Chef Hanna card - I think she may officially be my favorite Hanna - I am finding she is VERY versatile - I turned her into a cupcake baker for my card! I colored her in with Copic markers and just used a pink gel pen to make her pink polka dotted dress. The sentiment on this card is from the Stampendous Merry Muffins set (an Eclectic Paperie exclusive). The cupcakes in the background were all stamped - they are from the Hero Arts clear Cupcakes set - I stamped them all and then colored them in with Copics. The purple strip was embossed with the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder and the ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

3 comments:

Gabby said...

SHUT UP!!! I was just thinking I should turn her into a pastry chef or cupcake diva...LOL! She is adorable and THAT FACE!!! I think she's my favorite Hanna by far as well!

Christine Riley said...

Oh my gosh Candice, I LOVE this card! I just got my new Hanna stamps yesterday and can't wait to play! TFS :)

Hugs,
Christine

Vicki G said...

Both Cards are adorable................ just love kiss the cook