Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So Sweet in Yellow

Happy Wednesday!! It's been quite a day today - I got a call from my brother this morning - his wife is having her baby as we speak - so we are getting a new addition to our family today and I am going to be an aunt for the 15th time today - and it's still as exciting as the first time!! Hee hee...have I mentioned I come from a big family?? I am very excited for my brother and his wife - all is going well with the delivery and I will be sure to share all those important baby stats tomorrow! I also had the great pleasure of meeting a fellow member of the Hanna Stamps Design Team today!! I had a wonderful lunch with Judy Workman today (we only live a few minutes away from each other, how cool is that!?) - I think I may have talked her ear off though - hee hee...I had a such a great time - Judy is SO sweet - I hope we get to do it again soon!!

Anywho - after all the excitement this morning - I did manage to come home and make a card for today's sketch challnege over on SCS - you can see the sketch here. I used the new Kiss the Cook set from Hanna Stamps for my card - I colored her in with Copics and paper pieced her apron and hat with paper from the DCWV Boy Nursery Stack. I also gave myself a personal challenge when I pulled out this stamp set - I challenged myself to color this Hanna in something other than red - every project that I have made with this Hanna - I have colored her dress in red - hee hee...my sister-in-law once told me that she painted her kitchen red because red makes people think of food - hmmm....maybe she's right - maybe that's why I see Chef Hanna in red - LOL!! So anywho - I went with yellow - a bold choice for me seeing how I could probably count the number of yellow cards I have made in my life on one hand. I decided I don't use enough yellow - it's such a happy color!! The sentiment is from a Studio G clear $1 stamp set and the flowers are Primas. All the little pearls on this card are little pearl stickers from Hobby Lobby. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

7 comments:

Kcherrie said...

This card is so great! Love how you used the bright yellow colors.

Christine Riley said...

Love it! I love the colors you used and as always, your coloring is fantastic! TFS! :)

Tex said...

Oh my gosh! She's wonderful in yellow! Love the pieced apron too!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Totally LOVE this one Candice...........You ROCK!

Judy in Indiana said...

That set rocks! All that plaid and those pearls?! Perfection!!

I forgot to tell you I found glitter on sale at Hobby Lobby this week for 50% off. Remember last week I was on a hunt for orange glitter? I found the sweetest little set of 12 colors from Doodlebug and paid $7.50. I was so excited. You are lucky I did not talk about my glitter for all of lunch yesterday! It was so good to be with you.

Gabby said...

Oh Candice! I wanna be like you when I grow up!!! I am LOVING this!

Heather "Hev" said...

I have to agree with the title!! I love yellow!!!