Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So Sweet in Yellow

Happy Wednesday!! It's been quite a day today - I got a call from my brother this morning - his wife is having her baby as we speak - so we are getting a new addition to our family today and I am going to be an aunt for the 15th time today - and it's still as exciting as the first time!! Hee hee...have I mentioned I come from a big family?? I am very excited for my brother and his wife - all is going well with the delivery and I will be sure to share all those important baby stats tomorrow! I also had the great pleasure of meeting a fellow member of the Hanna Stamps Design Team today!! I had a wonderful lunch with Judy Workman today (we only live a few minutes away from each other, how cool is that!?) - I think I may have talked her ear off though - hee hee...I had a such a great time - Judy is SO sweet - I hope we get to do it again soon!!

Anywho - after all the excitement this morning - I did manage to come home and make a card for today's sketch challnege over on SCS - you can see the sketch here. I used the new Kiss the Cook set from Hanna Stamps for my card - I colored her in with Copics and paper pieced her apron and hat with paper from the DCWV Boy Nursery Stack. I also gave myself a personal challenge when I pulled out this stamp set - I challenged myself to color this Hanna in something other than red - every project that I have made with this Hanna - I have colored her dress in red - hee hee...my sister-in-law once told me that she painted her kitchen red because red makes people think of food - hmmm....maybe she's right - maybe that's why I see Chef Hanna in red - LOL!! So anywho - I went with yellow - a bold choice for me seeing how I could probably count the number of yellow cards I have made in my life on one hand. I decided I don't use enough yellow - it's such a happy color!! The sentiment is from a Studio G clear $1 stamp set and the flowers are Primas. All the little pearls on this card are little pearl stickers from Hobby Lobby. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

7 comments:

Snippets Inc Craft Boutique said...

This card is so great! Love how you used the bright yellow colors.

Christine Riley said...

Love it! I love the colors you used and as always, your coloring is fantastic! TFS! :)

Bev Gerard said...

Oh my gosh! She's wonderful in yellow! Love the pieced apron too!

Vicki G said...

Totally LOVE this one Candice...........You ROCK!

Judy in Indiana said...

That set rocks! All that plaid and those pearls?! Perfection!!

I forgot to tell you I found glitter on sale at Hobby Lobby this week for 50% off. Remember last week I was on a hunt for orange glitter? I found the sweetest little set of 12 colors from Doodlebug and paid $7.50. I was so excited. You are lucky I did not talk about my glitter for all of lunch yesterday! It was so good to be with you.

Gabby said...

Oh Candice! I wanna be like you when I grow up!!! I am LOVING this!

Heather "Hev" said...

I have to agree with the title!! I love yellow!!!