Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Adventures at CHA!

Happy Wednesday!! OK, OK, so I know this post is a little late - but better late then never, right? LOL!! I was going to post this over the weekend - but the weekend got crazy - then I decided to post it yesterday and well...yadda, yadda, yadda - it's just been crazy getting caught up around the house from being gone for so long - which included a trip to the grocery store with my 2 boys yeseterday - thank God for TV Carts is all I can say!! ;) So anywho - I am glad to be able to get some time this afternoon to blog about my wonderful and AMAZING experience at CHA! After spending last Wednesday in the Copic Certification class - I was so lucky to get to spend Thursday afternoon and all day Friday with some of the awesome Hanna Stamps ladies - here is a pic of Kristi Ferro (our fearless leader), Vicki Garrett (our design team coordinator), and I in front of the Hanna Stamps booth - isn't the booth amazing?? It was so exciting to see all the stamps and cards from the design team displayed like that - it reminded me how lucky I am to be able to work around such inspiration on this team!! I can't say enough about Kristi and Vicki - they are both AMAZING - I loved working for Kristi already - but after I met her - OMG - I love working for her even more - she is the real thing - I just love her SO much!! And Vicki - not only is she incredibly sweet - but she is an absolute riot - I SO want to go to Canada and hang out with Vicki - she is the bomb!!! I had SO much fun hanging out with these gals - I was so sad to have to leave on Friday!! :(
I also got to meet Bev Gerard (TexasGrammy on SCS) - OMG - Bev is the best - she has got to have the biggest heart on the planet and is incredibly talented to boot - if you are reading this Bev - I am so honored to have gotten to meet you and hang out with you - I can't wait until we can all get together again!!! I got to hang out and meet Sherry Cheever (AKA BadSherry) and Jeanne Streiff too - WOW - I was so honored - not only are these two SO uber-talented - but they are a hoot!! I can't even tell you how excited I was to be able to meet all these gals from the Hanna Stamps team - it was really the best part of CHA!!

Oh - and yes - of course it was exciting to see all the new products!! As some of you may know - I am a huge fan of my Cricut machine - it's my #1 all-time scrapbooking tool - so you can imagine my excitement getting to spend some time at the Provocraft booth at CHA checking out all the new cartridges and accessories coming out for the Cricut! I LOVE the Disney cartridges - they are my favorite cartridges - I am probably a glutton for punishment but I love piecing the characters together -so I was so excited to see more Disney cartridges coming out this Fall! Even though I have two boys - I was thrilled to see the new Hello Kitty and Tinkerbell carts! I was even more thrilled when I saw the Sesame Street cart coming out - these cuts are adorable!! And then if it was possible - I was even MORE excited to see that they are coming out with a Disney Pixar Cars cartridge - OMG - YAY!! This is one of our all-time favorite movies - the boys love the cars and I love the scenery in this movie - the recreation of the Route 66 feel was just amazing - this is definitely the first new cartridge I will be buying when they are released this fall! Here is a pic at the Provocraft booth - Vicki and I posed with Cricut and Cuttlebug - aren't they adorable?? They were so nice and posed for a couple of pics with us - and boy those costumes looked hot! These guys wearing these were real troopers!!
Here is a pic of the Friday make-n-take from the Provocraft booth - what a make-n-take, huh? I actually had to come home and finish it - there was such a long line for this project and I wanted to give someone else a turn - so I decided to take mine home and finish. Just look at those Sesame Street cuts - I am SO buying this cartridge!!
I just had a ball walking the floor on Friday and seeing all the new product coming out - it gave me a better idea just how broke I was gonna be this Fall - LOL!! I stopped by the Ranger Booth and got a chance to see the new Designer Stickles coming out - the Distressed Stickles look awesome! One of the gals at the booth described them as having a more matte glittered look - sort of like the look of antiqued glitter that has been aging for awhile - sounds cool, doesn't it? Die Cuts with a View has a new Sweet Stack coming out which is so pretty - it's done in browns and pastels with cupcakes and other sweets printed on it - VERY cute! I stopped by the Stampendous booth to see the new Changitos and other stamps coming out - the Christmas Changitos are to die for and there is a new clear Pirate Changito set coming out that I will be stalking Archiver's for - LOL!! The Imaginesce booth was very cool - the new Halloween and Christmas stamps and papers are so cute! Rusty Pickle was a cool booth - not only lots of great new product - but they had a chocolate fountain at their booth - how cool! Penny Black has some beautiful new Christmas stamps coming out that I am excited about. The Spellbinders booth was directly across from the Hanna Stamps booth - which was very cool - I love their products and the new Nestibilitie shapes look very neat! The Copic booth was just awesome - Marianne Walker and Debbie Olsen were giving demos when I stopped by and the Copic eye candy was just to die for - OMG - all those Copics in that booth - I was like a kid in a candy store - LOL!! I literally could just go on and on - it was just an amazing experience - thanks to Kristi, Vicki, and all the Hanna Stamps ladies for such a wonderful time!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing your adventures at CHA! I didn't get to go this time around so I especially enjoyed your description as well as your pics. Feel free to share anything else you might have!

Thanks again,
Grace at everythingcricut.blogspot.com

deb said...

Looks like a wonderful time!! How fun for you! That would be every crafters dream vacation!!
Thanks for sharing!!
hugz