Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ahh - the Lazy Days of Summer...

Don't you just love summer? This is our first summer vacation from school - my oldest son finished Kindergarten this past May - so we survived our first year of school and are now enjoying those lazy days of summer - and boy are we being lazy!! LOL!! I am not sure what is going to happen come mid-August when school gets started - back to alarm clock mornings and dragging kids out of bed...hmm...I think I'll just focus on enjoying summer for now!! ;) Anywho - I have another sneak peek from Hanna Stamps for you - this one is of Hanna enjoying those lazy summer days too...this is a card I did with the new "Lazy Day" set that will be released this Friday, July 4th - and boy - does she look cozy!!
The main image and the little bricks that form the patio her hammock is on are both from the Lazy Days set - all images were colored with Copic Markers. The sentiment is from a Stampendous stamp I got from Archiver's $1.99 Hot Spot bins - it's such a cute saying and I specifically got this sentiment with this Hanna set in mind. The background paper is from the DCWV Summer Stack - as is the little lemon slice that I placed on the edge of the circle - I just cut it out from a different sheet of paper from the same stack - pieced the leaves on and ran some Stickles along the edge to give it some sparkle. You can get this set at http://www.hannastamps.com/ on Friday, July 4th - and don't forget the big release party at the Hanna Stamps forum over on SplitCoast from 9-11 PM EST this Thursday, July 3rd - it's gonna be fun - challenges, contests, prizes, etc. - come join the fun!! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

deb said...

I LOVE THIS! Great job coloring! Love what you put together for the card, so perfect! This is another "gotta have'!
hugz

Kristi said...

WOW is all I can say!