Monday, July 7, 2008

Samples for Papertrix

Hope everyone is having a great start to their week! I spent this morning trying to finish up my last couple of sample cards to send down to Papertrix - if you are ever in the Nashville/Brown County area - you MUST stop in and see this store. It is such an awesome little stamp store - and you should see all the lines that Cindy (the owner) carries - Hanna Stamp, My Favorite Things, Crafty Secrets, Stampotique, Lockhart, Penny Black, Cornish Heritage Farms, Judikins - the list just goes on and on...and last time I was down there - Cindy shared with me all the new lines she will be getting in soon and trust me - you will not be disappointed - she does a GREAT job keeping up with all the hottest trends in stamping too...Here is a Crafty Secrets card I made for the store - I used stamps from the "Coffee & Tea" set. I colored the teapot in with Copic markers and then cut her out using my circle Nestibilities. The teabag sentiement is also from this set - I stamped it - cut it out and then attached a little piece of white embrodiery floss to it for the little string. The paper is from a My Mind's Eye paper stack from Hobby Lobby and the ribbon is from HL too. I used the Fiskars Threading Water Punch for the scallops on the bottom. The felt flowers and buttons are by Making Memories.
Here is a My Favorite Things card that I made to send down as well - this is using the "How Sweet It Is" set. I colored her in with Copic Markers and then cut the image out and popped it up on Pop Dots before adhereing it to the background. I made the background for the image using my rectangle Nestibilities. I cut 2 same size rectangles out - one in the striped paper and one in the wood paper and then trimmed down the striped paper and adhered it to the wood paper to create a wallpaper and floor scene for her. The paper is from that same My Mind's Eye stack. The ribbon is Stampin' Up and the sentiment is from the "How Sweet It Is" set also...here's a close-up of the image so you can see the dimension...
I have a big box of samples to send down to the store - I will be sending her down lots of Hanna Stamps samples (of course) along with some more MFT samples as well - so be sure to stop by the store if you are ever in the area! ;) Hope everyone has a wonderful week - thanks so much for stopping by!!

6 comments:

deb said...

OH I LOVE THESE!!! I have the Tea set one! You did such a great job on that!!! I would love to visit that store! And see all your sample creations!!
hugz

deb said...

Hi Candice!! I do love your cards!!
I have something for you if you go to my blog!!
hugz

Caitlin Russell said...

Hi there!! I love these cards!! The Tea set one is my fave!!!

Judy in Indiana said...

Papertrix is a GREAT store, and worth making the trip for.

Bev Gerard said...

Oh my word!
Papertrix is gonna flip over these! I didn't happen to "discover" this store on our Nashville visit 3 or 4 years ago ... but it sounds as though I've missed out on a cute find!

Diane said...

Hi Love your blog site.....Also love Papertrix. I'm a mixed media, collage artist and Papertrix in Nashville rocks when it comes to finding ephemera and awesome stamps! Anyone want to trade ATC's?