Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Very Hanna Halloween

Can you believe it's the end of July already?! Boy - this summer sure has flown by!! I suppose it's about time to start making those Halloween card though, huh? Hanna Stamps is releasing an AWESOME Halloween mini-set tomorrow (Aug. 1st) - I have a couple of previews for you to check out tonight - I made these in conjunction with the challenges going on over at the Hanna Stamps release party tonight...the first challenge is a sketch challenge and what a cool sketch it is - you can check it out here - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368876 - Frances did a great job on this sketch! I hope you will play along with the release party challenges - you could win one of the new sets!! Here is my card for the sketch challenge - I used the new scarecrow image from the Halloween mini-stamp - I love this guy!! I had a blast coloring him - I used my Copics plus I did a little colorless blender work on his overalls to give them a washed-out faded effect. The second challenge of the night is to make a card using scallops - I LOVE scallops!! I went crazy with my circle nestibiltiies on this card - I used the biggest scalloped circle nesitbilitie to make the card base and then just started layering from there. I always like to use a white gel pen to dot the scallops around my circle - I just like the little finished touch it adds. The bat is from the new Halloween mini-set - as is the sentiment and also the bat shadow image I used to stamp the white circle backround of my card.Thanks so much for stopping by - don't forget that all the sets you have seen previewed this week are available at http://www.hannastamps.com/ immediately following the release party tonight at 11 PM EST - have fun shopping - you are gonna LOVE these new sets!!

2 comments:

deb said...

I LOVE both of these cards!! I love scarecrows!! I think they are so cool! Wizard of OZ!! The round nestie card!! LOVE IT!!
WOWZER on both of these!!
hugz

Vicki G said...

I love both of your cards Candice, but the Scarecrow is SO stinking cute!!!!!!

Vicki