Sunday, July 27, 2008

What a fun day at Papertrix!

Happy Sunday everyone!! Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! I had such a fun day today at Papertrix teaching my very first Copic class - wow - can I just say that I am going to love teaching? I had a great class today - 6 very wonderful ladies came to take my class and we had such a great time! I do hope I didn't overwhelm them with too much Copic information today - it was a Beginner Copic class - I taught them basic coloring and then a couple of beginner blending techiniques. We talked about the Copic Color System and what all those letters and numbers on the markers mean. I taught them a little about the colorless blender and then about what inks and papers to use. They left the class with 3 finished cards - I did all the paper cutting and stamping of the images in their card kits - so we could really focus on coloring the images well and then putting them on the cards was just the icing on the cake! Here are the cards we made in class today...I used the "But I Need It" Hanna stamps set for this card - this was a great image to learn how to do even coloring and then a little shading as well - there is so much area on her dress to color in. We were also able to talk about things like coloring lips, skin, cheeks, eyes, etc. with this image. We did some paper piecing on a couple of her bags (which they LOVED) using paper from the Die Cuts with a View Glitter stack. The sentiment on this card is from the "Things Hanna Would Say" set.We used Hula Sophie G for this next card - I taught them lots of cool techniques with this image. We did basic marker to marker on paper blending - but we did some tip to tip blending work on the flowers in her lei. We did a little work with the colorless blender as well on the sand and I taught them how to do the blades of grass using the Super Brush tip of the marker. The paper on this card is from the My Mind's Eye Magnolia stack and the sentiment is from the Hanna Stamps "Just What I Meant to Say" set.This third card went over really well. I used the biggest scalloped circle nesibilitie to create the acutal card and then just did a lot of layering with the circle nestibilities. I used a bird from the Penny Black "Fresh New Day" clear stamp set for the main image and the sentiment is from the "Things Hanna Would Say" set. I did more marker to marker on paper blending with this one and we did some halo work around the bird with the colorless blender. I also showed them how to alter objects with the Copics - the little dew drops in the center of the flower were clear and we used a dark purple Copic to color them to match the paper - this was another very popular trick!

Overall - the class went really well today and Cindy and I are already making plans for the next class. I am going to check my oldest son's school schedule - but the current plan is that I will be teaching another Beginner Copic class in August and then we think we may add an Advanced Class in September - so as soon as I have info on my upcoming classes at the store - I will be sure to post them on here. Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to check back tomorrow - it's that time again - sneak peeks for the August Hanna Stamps releases start tomorrow - which will be released this coming Friday - August 1st. And let me tell you - you are going to LOVE these new releases - they are fabulous!!!

1 comment:

deb said...

OMGOSH!! I love this card!! I love the colors, image, layout, you name it! I love it!! This is awesome!!
hugz