Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday! Are you ready for some fireworks? We are - well - we will be when this rain lets up - we've got a rain-y start to our 4th of July - but it's supposed to clear up and we are in for a beautiful and cool night to watch some fireworks!!

This is my card for the Hanna Stamps Friday challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers - here is a link to the challenge - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360957 - the challenge is to use flourishes or doodles on your card - so I decided to use my Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing Folder for my flourishes on my card - I embossed the blue background and the red star. I thought the swirls background was perfect to go with that little curl on Super Riley - that little curl is the best and an awesome tribute to the original Superman!! ;) I colored Riley in with Copics and used my rectangle Nestibilities to cut him out. The sentiment is computer generated. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite rolls I have) and the little star brads are by Making Memories. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope everyone has a wonderful and very safe holiday weekend!

2 comments:

deb said...

Great card! I love this Riley and I love the way you put it all together!
hugz

Shannon Roberts said...

oh; please share how you made that perfect star !!