Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Trying something new...

I always love browsing thru the daily challenges over on SplitCoast - there is a lot of inspiration in the challenge galleries and I love seeing all the new techniques and card sketches that the gals over on SplitCoast come up with...so...I thought I would bite the bullet today and play along with today's sketch challenge - SC184!! It's a very cool sketch - you can view the challenge thread with the sketch in it here...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362331 - here is my card for the challenge...



I used Campfire Riley for my main image and colored him in with Copic markers - I also added Stickles to his little fire. The background is handstamped using some little stamps from a couple of the recent Studio G clear $1 stamp sets from Michael's - I love these little stamp sets and I always use the sentiments in them - so this time I decided to use some of the other great little stamps in the set too. I used the same stamps for the images in the little squares as well. All images in the background and the little squares were colored with Copics as well. The sentiment is from the "Things Hanna Would Say" set and cut out with circle nestibilities. The flowers are Primas. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

2 comments:

deb said...

Oh Isn't Riley cute! I love what you did with the background! Might have to bite the bullet too, and try this out!
Great job! Colors are wonderful!
hugz

Judy in Indiana said...

This is very fun!