Friday, July 11, 2008

Adventures in Acetate


Hope everyone has had a wonderful week!! We are in beautiful Frankenmuth, Michigan for the weekend - hopefully by the time you are reading this we will be Christmas shopping at Bronner's! Here is my card for the Friday Hanna Stamps challenge over on the Hanna Stamps members forum on Splitcoast. The challenge this week is to use acetate on your card - and what a challenge it was for me!! I used acetate for the front of my card - I cut a piece down and then stamped the bouquet from the Hanna Stamps Bridal set in moonlight white Brilliance ink onto the acetate piece - that was the tricky part!! I messed up on a couple of pieces of acetate - my stamp kept sliding all over the place - I finally steadied my hand and got some good images on this particular piece! The main image on the card is the Bridesmaid from the Bridal set - she is colored in with Copic markers and I added some Stickles to her as well. I added the "Thank You" sentiment from the "Things Hanna Would Say" set - I figured this would make a pretty card that a Bride could give to her Bridesmaids - it's so versatile too - just change the colors to coordinate to your wedding! The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby as is the pink cardstock. Thanks for stopping by - have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

3 comments:

deb said...

Beautiful!! Love the stamping on acetate! I've done it before but not for a very long time! Might have to give it another try!
Love this card!
hugz

Shannon Tompkins said...

Candice, This is a great acetate card. Love what you did with the bridesmaid with attitude.

Vicki G said...

Holy Mackeral!!!!!!! WOW Candice, this is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet you in Chicago!!!!