Saturday, July 5, 2008

It's Country Western Day!

Well - not really - but you would think that it was by the look of the cards I have for you today - LOL!! I have this really pretty western inspired paper by Chatterbox and decided to pull it out and use it with these images...the first card is for the August My Favorite Things guest designer challenge over on SplitCoast stampers - they are some AMAZING entries already!! Since it's Kim's birthday this weekend (Happy 40th, Kim!) - the challenge this month was to make a birthday card - so this is my birthday card I made...I used the Punny Farm set from MFT for my card - I stamped three of the cows from the set - then masked them and used my Copic airbrush system to do the sky and the grass. I then went back and colored in the cows with Copic markers. I also used the "Moo" stamp from the set on the blue background of the card. The green flower is a Prima and the blue felt one is by American crafts. The sentiment is also from the Punny Farm set. The fence was cut with my Cricut and I took a close-up shot to show how the fence is popped up on Pop Dots. My second Western card I have for you today features my favorite little moose - Riley!! I LOVE cowboy Riley - the little arrow thru his hat just cracks me up!! I did some more masking work on this card - this is what happens when I get a roll of Eclipse masking tape - I can't stop myself from masking - it's just too fun - LOL!! The cactus stamp I used for the background behind Riley is from the Hanna Stamps Route 66 set. I used Copic Markers on this image as well. The sentiment on this card is from the "Thing Riley Would Say" set - I thought it would be cute to use with Cowboy Riley since he looks so tough - tee hee...thanks so much for stopping by - hope you are all having a great weekend!

7 comments:

Sadie said...

I love these especially the one with the cows on it. I will have to search out those stamps, my husband works for a dairy company & they would be perfect.

Judy in Indiana said...

This is so cute. I have got to start taking Copic tips from you. Maybe I'll go to Papertrix for your class.

Sue from Oregon said...

What a great blog...love all your cards!

deb said...

These are cute!! I might have to check these stamps out! I love the farm theme!
hugz

Unknown said...

stumbled upon your blog through"stampin when i can" love your work

patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Jane said...

I love the cowboy Riley one! Too cute and too funny!

Jane

Bev Gerard said...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaawww!
Both of these are barnyard terrific! I can't even decide which one to beg for! LOL

Darlin' work, Candice!
~Tex