Monday, July 21, 2008

Christmas in July!


Happy Monday!! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I had such an amazing time at CHA this past weekend and I have some pics to share - I promise I will do a blog post about my CHA experience - I am still soaking it all in - so as soon as I get my pics re-sized and my info organized - I will share will all of you! :) I have spent the morning trying to get caught back up from being out of town for almost a week - I got back Friday night from CHA and we were up again on Saturday morning driving out to my sister's house for a family gathering - so I spent Sunday just relaxing and now we are back to "normal" life this morning - LOL!!

The card above is a card I made for the Friday Hanna Stamps challenge over on SplitCoast Stampers - better late then never, right? ;) Frances (Stamp Owl) made this really awesome sketch for the challenge - which can be seen here - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364868 - and then also challenged us to made a Christmas card in July - what a great challenge! I had fun making this card - I used Perfect Package Hanna for the main image and practiced some of the new techniques that I learned in my Copic class when coloring her in. The bows are also from this set - I did the Paper Toile technique on them. I added some bling to the present and the bows using Stickles. I wanted to use ribbon for the bottom of the card - but didn't have any just plain old red ribbon - so I decided to use curling ribbon (out of my wrapping paper stash) instead to keep with the wrapping presents theme of the card. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear Christmas set I bought at Archiver's last fall - it's one of my favorite Christmas sentiments. The paper is from the Die Cuts With a View Christmas glitter stack. Thanks so much for stopping by - be sure to check back tomorrow - I am gonna work on my CHA post tonight!

2 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card Candice, these images are just darling and I LOVE the fun detail.

Stamping hugs,
Jennifer :)

Janette said...

this is very pretty- great minds think alike huh, I used the same image trying to be different LOL